Our latest addition to our tiny house are these treated exterior support beans (not the technical term). In the photo above, they are the reddish/browning pieces that sit adjacent to our top plates. As you can see one of them is slightly angled, this is for water collection purposes. The opposing roof will also be slanted, but for simplicity purposes, we’ve constructed the roof at a 90 degree angle and will build in a slightly increased angle as to allow for an additional water collection.
Some numbers (so far):
- 1 door
- 8 windows (3 living room, 2 kitchen, 1 bathroom, 1 skylight)
- 2 lofts (left to right: bedroom, kitchen)
- 250 square feet of floor space (approximately)
- 2 separate sleeping spaces
- 1 pull out bed (under kitchen loft)
- 1 shower
- 1 composting toilet
- 502 square feed of wall space (approximately)
- 127 gallons of water per week (approximate calculations for shower and consumption)
- 3000 watt capacity electrical system (currently investigating)
- 1 water pump
- 1 water filter
- 147 hours worked on the house so far (roughly approximated 3 weeks, 7 hours per day-yup we’ve worked pretty much straight since we got the trailer)
some photos for your viewing pleasure
A super special thank you to our recent goFundme contributors:
Peggy Karr, Jane Fortin, Barbara Mariner, Stephen Kling, Gail Abbott and a very generous anonymous donor.
There are still a lot of details to be finalized but that’s what we’ve got so far- (some) details subject to change.
For questions, comments, concerns, please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com. (also if you’d like to visit us e-mail us! we’d love to hang out with you and give you a tour of our house)
With love and light,
Abby and Lily
P.S. Save the Date for our tiny house warming party Saturday, July 16th. Details to follow. 🙂